I am deeply passionate about education.
Having had the privilege of working in the field of education for the past twenty five years and being a school board member for eight years, has allowed me to witness how access to opportunities and excellence can transform individuals and communities. Bloomington is a great community with a strong school district always committed to provide high quality education to all students.
I believe that strong school systems are fundamental in the preservation and development of prosperous, successful and healthy communities.
If elected to another term on the Bloomington School Board, I will continue to put our students first and to work hard to support our schools and our community.
I am committed to continue to:
- Put students first!
- Support high quality academic programs and initiatives for all students, starting in Pre-school.
- Support practices that provide equal opportunities to all students in Bloomington Public Schools.
- Support college and career readiness and advanced programs that can allow our students to have more opportunities to access High Education.
- Provide meaningful parent and family engagement opportunities.
- Promote tools and opportunities for meaningful staff and teacher development in the district.
- Work in collaboration with our community, parents, students, teachers, staff members, administrators, and the school board in the decision making process that will affect the future of our scholars and that will impact our community.
- Advocate for adequate State funding that can allow schools districts to give our students access to high quality education and academic excellence.
- Support best practices for closing the academic and opportunity achievement gap.
- Work in collaboration with the City of Bloomington to address community issues that may impact the well being of our students such as housing, safety, health, etc.
- Address issues that may impact student enrollment and continue to find ways to make our school district more attractive to young families and to current families.
- Support a strong communication system between our school district and the Bloomington residents.
- Advocate for Special education, Early childhood, EL program , mental health services in our schools.
I am also committed to always listen to the Bloomington residents, and to be fiscally responsible.
I hope to earn your support on November 5th.
Prepared and paid for by Nelly Korman for Bloomington School Board; 9240 Upton Avenue South; Bloomington, MN 55431